Who we are
Information we hold
Select Publisher Services (SPS) may hold the following details about you:
- personal information, such as your name, address and contact details, including personal information you provided to SPS when you applied for a product or service
- details of the subscriptions and products you hold and previously held with SPS
- details of when you contact us and when we contact you
- payment details (including bank account details for Direct Debits or credit card details for subscription payments)
- if you provide us with your personal information we will keep the information for as long as is necessary to comply with any statutory or legal obligations or for audit purposes.
Your details are used to help us to identify our products and services (and those of selected third parties) that we believe may be of interest to you, which may be based on products you hold with us. We will not contact you about any other products unless we have your consent to do so.
However, we may contact you with offers for a magazine you have subscribed to previously up to a year after you have received your last issue.
Sharing your details
Within Select Publisher Services and its associated companies
Information about you and any products you hold with us may be used within Select Publisher Services for all purposes necessary for performing our contract with you and for:
- understanding your requirements
- developing, testing, researching and improving products and services
- training and business analysis
- legal and regulatory compliance
- further promotions if you have given us your consent
With other organisations
SPS may disclose your personal information to other people or organisations if any of the following applies:
- we have your consent; or
- for the purposes of them providing products, services or research in association with or on behalf of SPS including for example the publisher of the magazine to which you hold a subscription; or
- for the purpose of them providing administrative, processing, analytical or other similar services to SPS to assist SPS in the provision of products and services to our customers; or
- for the purpose of verifying information you have given us for example verifying your address for sending a magazine if it has been returned to us; or
- for the purposes of improving our products, services and marketing communications, with specialist market research organisations who may contact you on our behalf and invite you to take part in market research, but who will not be allowed to use your information for anything else; or
- where we have sold their service or product to you; or
- where we may transfer rights and obligations under any contract with you; or
- where you have purchased a subscription with another organisation and you notify us of amendments to your personal details. You will also need to contact the other organisation to confirm the changes; or
- Information you provide upon entering a promotion or competition: if you enter a promotion or competition you will either need to register an account with us or provide certain personal information which will be used in accordance with the terms of the promotion or competition; or
- Information you provide when taking part in a poll or survey: if you take part in a poll or survey you will either need to register an account with us or provide certain personal information to us which we will use in accordance with the terms of the poll or survey; or
- where we are required or permitted to do so by law or regulation.
Select Publisher Services does not share or give any information to external companies for their own marketing purposes.
We may monitor and respond to comments or opinions on social networking sites for example Facebook/Twitter.
We use web beacons in our emails to track the success of our marketing campaigns. If you open an email from us, we can see which of the pages of our website you visited. Our web beacons don’t store any information on your computer but, by communicating with our cookies on your computer, they can tell us when you have opened an email from us. We may keep track of the emails that we send you. We also keep a record of what communications you have selected to receive or not to receive. If you would like to opt out of receiving such emails, please click the “unsubscribe” link in the email and follow the instructions.
We own the information we collect through our websites. We will use it, as applicable, to:
- provide you with services or information that you have requested or products or services that you have ordered, such as magazine subscriptions;
- contact you regarding your registered account with us;
- confirm or fulfill an order you have submitted
- inform you if you have won a prize
- monitor or improve the performance of, and products and services available through, this website
- customise the advertising and content that you see
- send you promotional materials or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our group companies and marketing partners if you have given us consent. If you do not want to receive this marketing information you can notify us of this as part of the registration process. You can stop receiving this information at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions on the correspondence you receive, by amending your marketing preferences, or by emailing email@example.com, giving your email address and details of the information you no longer wish to receive
- for any purpose if we are required to do so by any law or other regulatory or government authority
We may share aggregate, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics and website usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors and other organisations.
We may use a third-party network advertiser to serve potential advertisements on this website or we may use an audience or traffic measurement service to analyse the traffic on this website. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements based on your visits to this website and other websites you have visited. Third-party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products or websites you might be interested in. Audience and traffic measurement services allow us to collect anonymous traffic and behavioural information from the website by monitoring anonymous visitor activity. This website’s advertisers, sponsors and/or traffic measurement services may themselves set and access their own cookies on your computer if you choose to have your cookies enabled in your browser.
In accordance with our requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998, we will adopt appropriate security procedures to help prevent unauthorised access to your information. Select Publisher Services shall not be liable for any attempt to hack or crack or otherwise gain access to any part of this website including any of your information.
Access to your data
Correction of details
You have the right to have any inaccurate information corrected. To request an amendment to your details please write to: The Data Privacy Manager, 62 Wimborne Road, Bournemouth, BH3 7AR or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to request your details
You have the right to see and receive a copy of any personal information we may hold on you.
To request a copy of the personal information we hold on you, please write to: The Data Privacy Manager, 62 Wimborne Road, Bournemouth, BH3 7AR.
Please specify in your letter which organisation(s) you are requesting information from and, where possible, include account number(s) and details of the information you require. We will not charge to supply this information.
The right to be ‘forgotten’
We may keep your data for as long as we deem necessary. If you no longer hold any subscription with us and you want to make sure we do not hold any more data about you, you can notify us at any given time at email@example.com and we will remove you from our database. You might still have to contact associated companies separately that were sent your details with either your consent or to fulfil our contract with you.